No announcement yet.

Before & After - My 1993 K1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, did some digging on USA standard products which is the brand I think those shafts are. They are Yukon products that are not met to quality specs, so a blem you might say. That's why they are so cheap. Wonder if the super joints are the same blem?

Comment

• I have a set of dana 44 shafts from complete off road. They are Yukon axles shafts with super joints.

they have two different grades; one with American made metal and one with metal made in India. my money is that these are the ones with metal from India.
      1976 CJ 5
      1984 CJ 7
      1993 K3500 GMC 6.5 TD

Comment

• Originally posted by tbshakie View Post
        I have a set of dana 44 shafts from complete off road. They are Yukon axles shafts with super joints.

they have two different grades; one with American made metal and one with metal made in India. my money is that these are the ones with metal from India.
        I'm running the cheapo Yukons now I'd say. If I would've had this set I could've sent them in for warranty. Pretty sure the stock spicer joint is why it took out the shaft.

Same PN from USA standard.
        http://www.usastandardgear.com/produ...x?ProdID=11657
        http://completeoffroad.com/i-133846-...s-w-26012.html

Comment

• Havent run any of them yet, so i can only comment on what i have read and researched. My understanding has been...

Yukon Superjoints are not offered (that im aware of) in 300M, and the CTM's can be 4340 or 300m. CTM makes everything in house and will make the joint out of whatever....but will only warranty the 300m's. Longfields, Nitro Excalibur's and the Ouverson Violators are only offered in 300m.

Best value - Yukon Superjoints or Longfields.
          Best quality - CTM ("Drive home" joints)
          Worst quality - Nitro Excaliburs. Cheap price, but this was bobby longs old patent that he sold to nitro when he redesigned the current Longfield. Chase @ ECGS wont even sell them to you (willingly), because they've had an abundance of warrantied joints. The design prevents/starves the caps from getting the necessary grease.

I was leaning heavily towards the Ouverson Violators, but after some lengthy discussion with Randy @ Ouverson and Scott Morris about availability (extremely slow production out of Ouverson) concerns....i steered away.

I think the perception about the Longfields is incorrect because theyre sold by Trail Gear. I wouldn't hesitate at all to run the Longfields; tons of guys running their D60 joints with great success and next to zero failures.

I would recommend a call to Chase @ ECGS. He hooked up me up really well on my 35 spline 4340 shaft setup with Yukon Superjoints.
          1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

• Took the heavy Chevy to get it weighed before it gets disassembled. This is with the stuff i carry in the big box, no tool box, but parts, fluids etc, full doors, half tank of gas, and me in it. Definitely shootin for way less on the s10. Click image for larger version

Name:	35772.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	72436

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Was looking through some pics and found this one. Tim, Mark, and I at the Harlan fall crawl in 2008 by Mason Jar. My first time at Harlan. Good times...

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2884.jpg
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	72437

Nine years later, the last trip in the ole rig, lettin er rip up Mason Jar.

Name:	20170527_113614.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	72438

Comment

• Pics of new build?
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                  Pics of new build?
                  http://www.cincyoffroad.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=11682

Comment

• The heavy Chevy is no more. Took what was left to the scrap yard today. It weighed 1760 lbs. Hardly anything left and still weighed almost a ton...

Name:	20181230_185004.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	74725

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                      Took what was left to the scrap yard today.
                      Ha, took the last of my 89 in yesterday, but they wouldn't take it without the title...
                      Attached Files
                      DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

• Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                        Ha, took the last of my 89 in yesterday, but they wouldn't take it without the title...
                        They did the same thing when I took the S10 frame down. They wanted the title but I told them that I need the title for the body. Luckily I knew one of the guys down there and they went ahead and did it.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• cut it up with a Saw and take it in that way. Tell them it is multiple parts of different vehicles. Little bit of work but you can get rid of it.
                          sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Working...
                          X