Location of Hard Core trail at Rush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of Hard Core trail at Rush

A couple of us are heading to Rush this weekend. Where is Hard Core located? We have only been to Rush one other time for a day trip so we are not very familiar with all of the trails yet. Are there any other trails that you all recommend?

5 Guys is fun..

Trail 21 way back in the back ( across the road) is tough..If I'm thinking of the right one It has a dead smooth Granite slab that seems like it's at a 75° angle and has big jagged rocks all over on the rest of the trail..I watched a group of serious rigs beat on it for an hour.
    Last edited by JeffK5; 10-30-2017, 03:56 PM.

Comment

HardCORE is on the Four Mile side, inside the Trail 2 loop:
      Attached Files
      DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post
        Trail 21 way back in the back ( across the road) is tough..If I'm thinking of the right one It has a dead smooth Granite slab that seems like it's at a 75° angle and has big jagged rocks all over on the rest of the trail..I watched a group of serious rigs beat on it for an hour.
        There's one like that, that we've been calling SlickRock Wally. It's a challenge when it's dry, but wet, it's a killer!

The one I'm thinking of isn't a numbered trail (yet), but it is over on the ThreePole side, off Trail 11, the first creek past Trail 92.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks fellas. Are any of these doable on 33’s and a locked rear? That is what one of the guys in my group is running on his YJ.

Comment

Not HardCORE, no. I'm double locked on 37s and I've never made the exit.

Slickrock has a bypass around the creek, and the actual slab would be doable if it's dry.

But on the whole, the park is pretty mild-rig-friendly. 100 miles of trails, and you have to go looking for the really hard stuff.

Comment

Any one have a map with locations of these harder trails? Not inowing the park and only having thier printed map, i never found the good stuff. Im not big into roll down a hill 5 times and die stuff but i do like a challenge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
              www.offroadohio.com
              www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
              www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
              www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

I just posted two above. Their printed maps aren't bad, they are color coded and the black "hard" trails are usually a pretty good challenge.

Your best bet, if you want to learn your way around, is to join us on a club run. We're out there several times a year, four this year, I think.

Comment

The attachments wont load for me on tapatalk. Ill checl them from a desktop next time im on one.

Ive been once, with little desire to go back, but its not.much more than a 2hr drive for me so ibe been thinking of giving it another shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                  www.offroadohio.com
                  www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
                  www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
                  www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

There are some good trails if you follow the coves on the left as you head towards the back of the park. Most of them are before the big line of hills. That's usually where we start, then head out from there. Like WrenchMonkey was saying, the area he marked on the 3 pole side has a bunch of short obstacles. The new one, Rankin's Ravine is on trail 9 down from the playground. You have to turn around, but it's fun till you do. I have been stapling arrows pointing to the trails that aren't marked yet. Hardcore has 2 arrows pointing down to the trail. So does Rankin's, Quarter pipe, and Tator's headache. A new one we cut and Tator's is way out past pretty pond, around trail 27. I need to get the gps out and mark these on a map.

Follow us around once and I bet you'll like it more. We know where all the good stuff is.

Comment

We should have a new map out soon with all the harder trails on it. Stop by the office and talk to Carol. I penciled in the trails on a map that she keeps in the office. Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mastiff View Post
                        We should have a new map out soon with all the harder trails on it. Stop by the office and talk to Carol. I penciled in the trails on a map that she keeps in the office. Mark
                        Where's the like button?

Comment

Working...
                        X