Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by underpowered View Post
    Cab buggy is best of both worlds.

having a large rig on tons and big tires but keeping it light is tough.

i want to weigh my beast, i am betting about the same as your truck at about 5200lbs or so. it is wider than your truck though, slider to slider is 80", but belly is 24 with an 84" roof height.

my next ride will be all tube, either with cab, or even just full side panels.
    The last time i went to Harlan, I stopped by the CAT scales and got it weighed. I already knew what the trailer weighed hooked to the truck. The nearest gravel pit might do it for you.

Comment

Since my rig hasn't sold yet, I don't see any point of giving it away.(low ball offers) I am probably going to keep it. So that leaves me wanting tires. I'm running 39.5 TSL's now, and wanted to try something different this time. I want the 40" LTB, but Interco isn't making them yet, so that doesn't leave much. That leaves an Irok or Bogger unless I use a different brand. Any ideas?

Comment

Sorry it didn't sell like you hoped, but I am glad you're keeping it. Do like that rig...

I love my LTBs. You can't find a set of 40s anywhere? And no idea when you could?

4WP lists them as available? http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/16-..._pn=SSTLTB-204
        Last edited by WrenchMonkey; 02-05-2014, 06:59 PM.
        DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
        Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Boggers are great for around here, but their weakness shows when you get into Rocks. i'd be happy with a stickier compound Bogger.

If you can't find LTB's, Boggers would be my next choice. iroks would be behind other brands
          beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
            Sorry it didn't sell like you hoped, but I am glad you're keeping it. Do like that rig...

I love my LTBs. You can't find a set of 40s anywhere? And no idea when you could?

4WP lists them as available? http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/16-..._pn=SSTLTB-204
            I see a lot of companies will sell them, but do they actually have them. National tire and wheel says they show what is actually available, and 4wheelonline.com shows the same as NTW. 34" is the biggest they have now. They are slowly bringing the tires back.

Originally posted by underpowered View Post
            Boggers are great for around here, but their weakness shows when you get into Rocks. i'd be happy with a stickier compound Bogger.

If you can't find LTB's, Boggers would be my next choice. iroks would be behind other brands
            The TSL's did great on the rocks, but just ok in the mud. I would destroy a set of Irocks, so not an option. I see people running Boggers in the rear, and TSL's in the front. Anyone here ever tried that? I wish I could fit 42's in, but I would have to link the front and push the axle forward to get them to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post

The TSL's did great on the rocks, but just ok in the mud. I would destroy a set of Irocks, so not an option. I see people running Boggers in the rear, and TSL's in the front. Anyone here ever tried that? I wish I could fit 42's in, but I would have to link the front and push the axle forward to get them to fit.

I ran cut boggers rear/ TSL's front for a while on my old XJ and loved it. great combo IMO. TSL's helped greatly with steering issues many complain about with boggers.

Currently running TN/Aetna cut TSL's and IMO are almost as good but i am afraid of cutting a rear with how Open they are in the middle. would require a TON of time to cut them however.

Hopefully i can make a run with you all this year, i would be another Fullsize in the mix.
              beat up rusted out k5

Comment

if ur 39.5s aint wore out buy good groover and put aetna cut on'm so you get to that hook dirt sense it gets trailerd
                SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
                  if ur 39.5s aint wore out buy good groover and put aetna cut on'm so you get to that hook dirt sense it gets trailerd
                  These tires are about 4 years old. I grooved them last summer, but just kept with the same tread pattern. It made a big improvement, but the outer lugs are rounded off.

I found a place that shows the LTB's are backordered till mid April. http://interco.factoryoutletstore.co...8,80633&page=1

I was doing some measuring to see if I could fit 42's up front, and the leaf springs pins aren't centered. They are offset about 3". If I flipped them around I could probably fit 42's in. That would give me a 120" wheelbase, which I really don't want. So I'm back to 40's. An 18" bogger in the rear is freakishly large to me. Sure wish they were 15" like the TSL. It looks like I either go down to a 38.5 SX, stay the 39.5 TSL, or use the 40" LTB.
                  I would like to know why Interco's tire sizes are all over the place...

Comment

if you can make the 42's fit I would run those. I have a buddy that went form 38's to 42 and it makes a lot of difference on how well you can get around.

Comment

Originally posted by kyrel69 View Post
                      if you can make the 42's fit I would run those. I have a buddy that went form 38's to 42 and it makes a lot of difference on how well you can get around.
                      I could fit a TSL SX - 15/42-15LT in easy enough. It's only 41.5" tall. One of the things that worry me about 42's on 15" rims is all that side wall showing. I'll get more tire flex, but wouldn't it make them more susceptible to slicing? According to that website, they would be available mid March.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                        I could fit a TSL SX - 15/42-15LT in easy enough. It's only 41.5" tall. One of the things that worry me about 42's on 15" rims is all that side wall showing. I'll get more tire flex, but wouldn't it make them more susceptible to slicing? According to that website, they would be available mid March.
                        I think the only reason they might be more susceptible to being sliced is because there is more area to get hit, not because they are any weaker. I know when my 38sx are worn out I will be moving up to 42's then

Comment

it would only be roughly 1 more inch of sidewall over your current 39.5's. you already have a bunch of sidewall.

42's will be my next tire after the 38.5's.
                          beat up rusted out k5

Comment

If I get creative, I could make 42's fit without moving the axle forward. I could notch the firewall some more and do something with the cab mount. This sounds like a plan.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Site says these are on national backorder, but will be ready for mid March shipment. I'm not so sure I believe them. Super Swamper TSL SX - 15/42-15LT - If they are, they'll be on by the Harlan trip in May.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure what to get. Most of the tires I want they don't sell right now. Who knows how long it will be before Interco makes the tires I want.

I might have to go with the TSL and Bogger combo. If I do the 42" TSL up front, and the 42.5 Bogger out back, what will that extra 1/2" do to the drivetrain if anything? Thinking about going back with the 39.5s, but I hate the Bogger being 18" wide. Anyone know if you can put an 18" tire on a 10" rim?

Comment

Working...
                                X