Small Hand Tool Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Hand Tool Repair

Where is a good place to get replacement parts for angle grinders, etc?

My Ryobi grinder went down in a blaze of glory last night and scared the $@!%!$@# out of me. The replaceable brushes were toast. I'm probably gonna buy another so I can continue my project but I can't bring myself to toss this one. I'm hoping that the brushes can be had for 5 or 10 bucks.
    1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
    5.14 tcase
    36" TSL SX

good luck with that....

how old does a Ryobi have to be to have consumable brushes...?

(then again, now that I'm thinking about it... I think my HF elec. impact does too...)

Find a 2-for-1 deal.... then you can toss the old one... you know you're gonna... and have one for grinding disc, one for flap wheel...
    brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
    Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

My Ryobi went a similar way. It was just sitting plugged in with the grinding wheel up, suddenly I see a puff of smoke and it starts spinning up to full speed. Sits there for a few seconds turning about 10K RPM and quits. I threw the MF'r in the junk, cheap crap.
      Go buy a Metabo at a pawn shop, usually nobody knows them as brand name and you can get them really cheap. I have 2 and they are the best hand grinders I've owned. I only paid $25 for the one I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Hope Springs Hauler View Post
        Where is a good place to get replacement parts for angle grinders, etc?

My Ryobi grinder went down in a blaze of glory last night and scared the $@!%!$@# out of me. The replaceable brushes were toast. I'm probably gonna buy another so I can continue my project but I can't bring myself to toss this one. I'm hoping that the brushes can be had for 5 or 10 bucks.
        Fastenal right here on Rt.4 can get you what you need.
        One Country, One Flag, One Language...
        LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Cincinnati Tool Supply i thik it is...
          on elm str dowtown on the north end of elm
          they have parts for just about any power tools if you
          happen to be around downtown Cincy
          sigpic
          chris hodges
          96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
          71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

that's what my boss does he's taken in a lot of tools to be fixed very good deal
            86 Ford Bronco

Comment

That may be the ticket. I got distracted with chicken wings last night, so this afternoon is the time for action.

Stickman, mine was the Ryobi with the twist handle.......
              1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
              FJ 40 axles (4.10)
              5.14 tcase
              36" TSL SX

Comment

Put the outer ryobi housing around a hitachi and never look back! ;)
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X