2018 calendar discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
    Okay, Badlands, Windrock, and Golden Mountain. Cool.

Now the hard part:

When?
    Hummm....that will be a tough 1, have to make sure out Rigs are not broke all the time to make the most of it..ha ha, I will look at my Schedule for 2018 and post up what weekends I have available for these trips, I know most people can take off whatever weekends they want, I cannot so I will put out what works for me and see if that works for people for these trips.
    No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post
      ...which would leave it down to Jim Busch and I unless someone else commits to go in a big rig...
      It was the Smiths that suggested it, so that gets you four rigs, if that makes the difference. I know a lot of guys have issue with their hours though.

I will look at my Schedule for 2018 and post up what weekends I have available for these trips...
      That's a plan man!
      DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Since when are buggies not allowed at the Badlands? Mark has been there before...
        Last edited by 93 Krawler; 11-09-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Kevin down to his Razor "better be for a short time"......
          You better come help then, and give me the $$ for Ori's, and an Altas...

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
            You better come help then, and give me the $$ for Ori's, and an Altas...
            Hummmm.....Much $$$$ has gone into that little Razor of yours lately...been watching the build post on that.

Comment

It's something to bring up in tonight's discussion... But I don't think the smaller rigs hold us up. Yeah it may take some extra tries to get up a hill that the bigger rigs walk up.. But I'm all about socializing with the group. I like having everyone there from the club, no matter how many people show up and what size rig you have.

Comment

And what about maybe going down to Alabama? I know my dad went there a few years ago. It looked like a great place to wheel... Although it's a long trip to get there. Idk what the place is called either.

Comment

Hummmm.....Much $$$$ has gone into that little Razor of yours lately...been watching the build post on that.
                  I had to beef up the spare ride ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by Waffle
                    As to badlands, it looks like the rules might have changed, idk. It states that all suv's/4x4's must be registered and insured according to your state law. No sandrails or dune buggies. What does mine more closely match? Doesn't matter, the 7pm park close is a deal breaker anyway when it doesn't even get dark until 9pm in the summer.
                    The rules haven't changed. Most of the people that go there aren't legal. Rock buggies are allowed, just like the ultra 4's race there.
                    Yes, their hours are stupid. If I were to go there again, it would be on a fri-sat, and not in the summer. February or March maybe. Cooking in the sun from 7-10 sucks bad in the summer.

Comment

You better come help then,
                      Ok sounds good to me, I'm sure Mark will help out also..I'm ready...are you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Waffle
                        What I was trying to get at was..... there will likely be (or should be) some overlap regarding planned trips depending on which group you fit into and which direction the group will head.

As to badlands, it looks like the rules might have changed, idk. It states that all suv's/4x4's must be registered and insured according to your state law. No sandrails or dune buggies. What does mine more closely match? Doesn't matter, the 7pm park close is a deal breaker anyway when it doesn't even get dark until 9pm in the summer.
                        Not to beat a dead horse.... But I believe the badlands has always had those rules written that way. I have seen other dedicated bouncer and ultra 4 buggies there many times. I'm sure you would have not issues taking your rig to the that park. If we decide to do badlands and pick a date. I think I can arrange a trip to Mission Impossible for the club.

Comment

Originally posted by beer_goggles_009 View Post
                          Not to beat a dead horse.... But I believe the badlands has always had those rules written that way. I have seen other dedicated bouncer and ultra 4 buggies there many times. I'm sure you would have not issues taking your rig to the that park. If we decide to do badlands and pick a date. I think I can arrange a trip to Mission Impossible for the club.
                          What is mission impossible? lol

Comment

Their hours are stupid. If I were to go there again, it would be on a fri-sat, and not in the summer. February or March maybe. Cooking in the sun from 7-10 sucks bad in the summer.
                            I totally agree, in the past we have had rigs break in mid afternoon and by the time we got everything fixed and tried to get back on the trail we are warned at the gate we are getting ready to close and then people to find us on 4 wheelers telling us to head out Long before they close..."they are not friendly about this"...I guess I would not be friendly about it either, I'm sure too many people have ignored the rules which has made it the way it is now.....Badlands will be at the bottom of my priority list for wheeling ANY time of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiddy24 View Post
                              What is mission impossible? lol

The former owner of the Badlands private land a few miles from the park. It is about 400 acres and a full day of wheeling if you hit the good stuff. Back in the day they held a rock crawling competitions on that land, it has some mild trails and some extreme stuff. I can share some pictures and video with you at the meeting tonight if you want to see what it is like.

Comment

But I don't think the smaller rigs hold us up...
                                I didn't mean hold us up on the trail, I meant hold the club back, from hitting the big/hardcore/distant parks. You know, like:

And what about maybe going down to Alabama?
                                DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                                Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Working...
                                X