No announcement yet.

Before & After - My 1993 K1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've found a lot of ext cab s10 truggy's online that I like so that's the route I'm going. I really like this one except I would chop the front off and tube it, and lose the spare tire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0836 (1).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	71925

Comment

• That's awesome.

You're keeping doors n windows right?
      DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

• Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
        You're keeping doors n windows right?
        Oh yeah. Gotta have doors.

Comment

• I really like the direction you are going with this!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Going tomorrow to look at this one. http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5437108199.html
            If the rust isn't too bad, I'll grab it. Looks like I'll be keeping that other 5.3 for mock up purposes. It already has a 4l60e, so all I need is a tcase from upull and I'll be set. I figure I can get some pipe to mock up the axles. I should be able to build most of it before I need the parts off the 93. Don't want to miss any wheelin trips...

Comment

• The silver and teal is a nice look...

Comment

• It's mine now... What a turd. Lol
                Attached Files

Comment

• Ah, and so it begins!

Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                    Ah, and so it begins!

Congrats!
                    Thanks. Got it for $400, and it looks like a $400 car. It needs some love on the inside for sure... I think someone lived in it. A trip to you pull will fix that. Once I rip the seats and carpet out it will look a lot better. Frame is in good shape, body isn't bad. There is a little rust on the cab corner, but overall, in good shape for a off-road rig.

Originally posted by Waffle
                    Regarding something I brought up to Kevin, I'm curious to know what the inside frame width is under the back of the cab compared to a Toyota. Can any Toyota guys measure theirs when ya get a chance? Thanks.
                    It will be a while before I do anything to it. It has 4" of snow on it now. I still have to get the big rig ready for wheelin season. That is priority.

Comment

• Ever since I put the 5.3 in the rig, there was always some throttle issues, as in, when I mash it, it wouldn't go. More like I'll go when I feel like it. I told the guy that removed all the extra bs in the PCM that something wasn't right. I referred him to a link that told exactly how to remove the torque management and dropped it off to him. That didn't help much, so I figured he didn't do it. That left me with a decision to either take the rig to a tuner or buy a tuner and do it myself. I opted to buy HT Tuner Pro. I know I am nowhere close to knowing what a tuner knows, but it will allow me to see if the TM is still in it. I will learn how to tune in time.

I checked the tune and he removed most of the engine TM, but left all the transmission TM in. I will remove it all and see how it does next month at Rush.

Comment

• In Harlan I killed a 60 u-joint and it took out my moly inner, so I'm in the market for some good joints and at least an inner to replace the one I broke.
                        I came across these, http://completeoffroad.com/i-133846-...s-w-26012.html
                        Seems like a good deal for a complete set. Has anyone ever dealt with complete off-road before? A warranty is only as good as the company issuing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                          In Harlan I killed a 60 u-joint and it took out my moly inner, so I'm in the market for some good joints and at least an inner to replace the one I broke.
                          I came across these, http://completeoffroad.com/i-133846-...s-w-26012.html
                          Seems like a good deal for a complete set. Has anyone ever dealt with complete off-road before? A warranty is only as good as the company issuing it.
                          did some fast searching and came up with this
                          http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/c...ation-1044239/

that does seem like a good price,,, and the company has been around for a while now it seems

Comment

• I bought my chromo shafts for my 44 from them. When I broke one and called them for warranty the company had changed owners. The previous owner sold multiple brand shafts and did not mark on the invoice which brand he sold you. The new ownership could not find a record of my invoice ( which they explained was common with the previous owner). They had me e-mail them pics of the shaft and my invoice. After seeing the pics, they got me setup to send the broken shaft in for warranty. Took some time and a couple phone calls but they took care of me. I would recommend them.

Comment

• what about RCV's ?
                              sigpic
                              chris hodges
                              96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                              71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

• Yeah, no way I'm getting RCV's. These are the shaft's I have now. They came in a Yukon box. http://shop.broncograveyard.com/D60-...uctinfo/11796/

I was wondering about the "super joints" too. I'll have to check into that. Feel free to call them if your bored Mark.

Comment

Working...
                                X