my rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my rig

Ok after several years of draggin my feet, ive finally started to work on my rig
    Attached Files

wasn't what I was expecting from "FastFord" but a nice start for sure...

I can relate to "after several years"
    brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
    Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

You are running a 302 and not a 2.2 right? The shackles look crappy. Wheres the good ones? I have some 36's with your name on them.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
        wasn't what I was expecting from "FastFord" but a nice start for sure...

I can relate to "after several years"
        you were expecting horse power not rice patty huh
        One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Flxratd View Post
          Like vroommmmm vroommmmm not hay yah karate chop
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flxratd View Post
            Well, if he's running a 302 instead of the 22R (isn't that a 2.4L??), that would make much more sense... Keep up the good work!
            brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

He's a confused individual...

good progress...keep it up and you can join me at Macy's :)
              I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
                He's a confused individual...

good progress...keep it up and you can join me at Macy's :)

WOW, now that's hard core right there!

Comment

i was kinda hoping brad was joking... i thought it was obvious that a 22r was a 2.2... but maybe it's all of us that are retarded and brad is right... stranger things have happened.

Comment

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but 22r motors are actually 2.4 liter engines. It used to confuse me when I went to the parts store to buy parts and they would say "Is it for a 2.4 motor?" I would always retort back "It's a 22r. I thought it was a 2.2, as well, but i was wrong. Personally I think toyota is the stupid one for not calling it a 24r. What do i know anyway?
                    UGLY OFFROAD

Comment

and yes, here is the case where brad is right and we are all complete retards...

i stand corrected brad, thanks for the knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by uglyoffroad View Post
                        Hate to be the bearer of bad news but 22r motors are actually 2.4 liter engines. It used to confuse me when I went to the parts store to buy parts and they would say "Is it for a 2.4 motor?" I would always retort back "It's a 22r. I thought it was a 2.2, as well, but i was wrong. Personally I think toyota is the stupid one for not calling it a 24r. What do i know anyway?
                        huh 2366cc so round up to a 2.4 but call it a 22 i guess thats why the ifs steering boxes say toyoda so they can through us americans off to the metric way of thinking. oh well back to school

first its the jeep thing now the toyota thing i dont understand
                        Last edited by Flxratd; 08-13-2009, 11:48 PM.

Comment

The numbers in the 22r mean absolutly nothing about the displacement.

The 22r is a 2.4L engine.

The "R" engine started off as a 1.5L in 1953. Each time it was redesigned it was given a different number...2r, 3r, 4r, all the way up to 22r in 1995.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_R_engine

And the "Toyoda" that you see on steering boxes and other parts, is the original family name of Toyota. It was changed in 1936 from Toyoda to Toyota
                          88 4Runner, 350 V8 swap in progress

http://staff.4x4wire.com/adamf

Comment

Originally posted by 4RunnerAdam View Post

And the "Toyoda" that you see on steering boxes and other parts, is the original family name of Toyota. It was changed in 1936 from Toyoda to Toyota
                            darn and i thought it had something to do with the limited edition starwars figure. just kidding was trying to make a funny. i will stop now but this link is interesting for any toyota buffs. http://www.economicexpert.com/a/Eiji:Toyoda.html

Comment

Originally posted by 4RunnerAdam View Post
                              The "R" engine started off as a 1.5L in 1953. Each time it was redesigned it was given a different number...2r, 3r, 4r, all the way up to 22r in 1995.
                              Cool stuff... like WD-40 was the 40th version of the Water Displacement formulation...

Yes CW, sometimes I let a useless nugget of knowledge fly... just my way I guess.

AAaaaanyway...
                              let's hear about this coming powerplant FastFord, and what kind of bits will be behind it!! (I'm assuming a 302) MAF or Speed density... mods?... Slushbox or a real transmission... STaK or NP205... Inquiring minds want to know!

Hahaha, that should get the groundlings going!
                              brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X