No announcement yet.

No more Pink Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully someone will realize the cost to the community around there and will reopen it.

OH wait Obama is president!

Gonna get back into wheelin next year and hopefully I can pull some old friendships out of a hole and hook up again.
    sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

A Boyscout camp at the lake, that might explain the little cave cabin on the trail back to the lack.

Comment

I wheeled there since the mid Eighties, the bus was there then. I'd like to see the first pic from farther away, I don't recognize it from that perspective.

Comment

They have in put a decent looking RV park there at the exit... hookups and all...

Not sure what for, who the hell wants to hang out at exit 49, there's nothing else there.

Comment

Originally posted by GPER View Post
            A Boyscout camp at the lake, that might explain the little cave cabin on the trail back to the lack.
            That always interested me.

Comment

I wish I would have gotten a picture of the cave, the daughter and I had a blast there.

Comment

Pink rock is not buried but been cut down to a flat top. All the trails in the front and fairly well back into the woods are gone. Park ranger was seen hanging out fairly deep in the area observing passers by. Kentucky residents paid for the renovation in taxes. Loggers made money from the trees. Coal mines stripped the coal from the land.

I remember attending a cleanup there and was amazed at the hydraulic oil and other consumables left by the loggers.

We keep letting them take what should be ours while using our $ to do so.

Write to your states govornment officials and join a club that helps to educate the community and reaches out to protect your cherished freedoms or you will continue to have less.
                sigpic

Comment

We keep letting them take what should be ours while using our $ to do so.
                  95% plus of the stuff we all wheeled down there was private lands, and we never had any "right" to be there. they had every right to sell off any rights they had to any logging or mining operation out there. When local wheelers vandalize the equipment belonging to the companies that are paying these landowners... the landowners also have the right to demand the law keep wheelers off their land.

It's sad livingston is no more, but it was never a legal place to wheel... people just always looked the other way.

There are still a lot of great places to wheel, and not much further away.

Comment

Park rangers patrol private land owners property? You have a point but more areas are closing than ones that are opening. Erosion and litter were the complaints that I had heard.
                    sigpic

Comment

The rangers patrol the main road, which is state route 909, and keep everyone from going off that main road onto all of the surrounding lands. You are more than welcome to head down there and run the main trails all day long as long as your rig is street legal, titled, and insured.

Comment

i just stopped there yesterday on my way home from gatlinburg and wheeled the main trail in my honda element with the whole family. it was sad to see but expected and the sneaky guy in the cherokee backed up by the cell tower was a nice touch
                        One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

sad :(
                          88 4Runner, 350 V8 swap in progress

http://staff.4x4wire.com/adamf

Comment

Working...
                          X