Gear oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear oil

Is there a tool to put gear oil in? Something with a crank or better yet something that hooks to an air compressor? The squeeze bottles and the hand pump are getting old.

i always clamp a hose onto a funnel, hang it up to bumper, bar, bed....fill it as i do other things
    For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Guy at work ordered a suction gun by mistake.

Basically a grease gun without the pump, just a plunger and a nozzle. Works like a giant syringe.

Perfect for squirting 80w140 through that little hole...

Robert
      DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

the last time i needed gear oil i just bought a 5 gallon bucket of it and got a pump that goes on top of the bucket... the pump came from Tractor supply and i got the oil from autozone...
        sigpic
        chris hodges
        96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
        71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Got hodgie has got it. You can buy 5 gallons cheaper overall than buying quarts. The pump goes right on top of the bucket and pumps it in.

Comment

yea if i remember right the 5 gallon bucket of oil was less than 50$....

edit... it has gone up a couple dollars...
            http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=691923_0_0_
            sigpic
            chris hodges
            96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
            71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Take a diff fluid bottle, put a rubber hose over the "spout" thing that comes on them(the cap).

Hold it upside down, use a pin or something to poke a tiny hole in the top(about 1/32"-1/16")... now use your air gun nozzle to LIGHTLY pressurize the fluid bottle.

I've done this a lot on vehicles where I can't just hold the diff fluid above the diff to let it go in easier.

You could probably buy some kind of large container/water bottle sort of deal from a store... install a hose barb at the bottom, and make the small hole in the top so that you could just pour your diff fluid into the container and use it as a slightly more elegant/permanent "pump" to fill diffs with.

edit: Bonus if you install a ball valve at the bottom(on the line out) for permanent storage... perhaps on one of those 5 gallon diff fluid buckets.

Comment

I guess im going to go the 5 gallon bucket and pump deal. I figured somebody would have a cheap air or electric one.

Comment

Working...
                X