Concealed carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the class is a joke.
    There were people in there that really could have used some schooling and they passed the class with minimum effort. but I guess the more civilians out there packing heat the lower crime rate in theory. Of course that was my experience. I am sure that there are highly qualified instructors out there. Thats just my 2 pennies.
    I am just happy I can walk out in the woods and carry legally now. I have 225 acres and its crazy how many people are snack dab in the middle just looking for their wounded deer.
    Last edited by nickhuts; 09-25-2012, 10:49 PM.
    Powerstrokes, Mustangs, and Jeeps.. oh my

Comment

You can open carry on your own property without a permit anyway. better off trained though ;-)
      Romans 7-8

Comment

It is the responsibility of the permit holder to tune their skills. The wife and I go to the range every chance we get. The class was more fun also doing it together.

Comment

Originally posted by cincygman View Post
          You can open carry on your own property without a permit anyway. better off trained though ;-)
          You can open carry anywhere that you can legally carry concealed as well...the vehicle not withstanding. Just be prepared to deal with a lot of morons calling the police on you since most citizens...and many cops...do not know Ohio's carry laws.

Comment

If you have no CCW license in Ohio(actual Ohio license, not out of state license elsewhere), then you are not able to carry near school zones... you can't be within 1000ft of a school zone(that means roads)... you still cannot carry on school property but that is a given.

I just went through the course at www.vra-ohio.com

It's $150, but I actually felt like it was worth it... the instructors were knowledgeable aside from a few insignificant remarks that I thought were questionable(more weapon related, not actually CCW related). The people there are friendly, the place is clean, and they're very professional and make sure safety is top priority(without being super douchey about it).

I can justify the price since my wife will eventually be taking the class too and she is familiar with that range and the people who work there, and since I took the class already they will let me sit in on the class with her when she takes it.

I am going to do my interview w/ the Montgomery county sheriff in a couple weeks when I have the afternoon off from work.

I plan on applying for my VA out of state permit eventually, but it's mainly so I can carry in PA since they do not honor Ohio's permit... VA/PA/OH are where me and my family are all at so that should cover my bases.

Comment

Working...
            X