I LOVE water crossings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flxratd View Post
    a snorkel never really bothered me because I can see the idea of not causing extreme damage to your engine by sucking in a big gulp of water but what I always found funny is they are usually about 1-2 feet above your nose so maybe im just not seeing it but once the water passes my nose im pretty sure im going to quit caring about my rig
    Chicken!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7gZ...e_gdata_player
    One Country, One Flag, One Language...
    LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solar1 View Post
      Broke every time you hit a decent tree branch...
      That really surprises me. I've laid the rig over on mine more times than I can count. Not so much as a dent in the body. I did knock a corner off the cross-hatch "screen" over the inlet, but that's it in nine years...

I always found funny is they are usually about 1-2 feet above your nose...
      More like six inches, but yeah, I'd be plenty happy with cowl height. I guess the theory is that on a dusty trail, the higher you go, the cleaner air you get. Makes no difference to us, but I guess out west and overseas expedition-type wheeling, where they might cover hundreds of miles of dirt roads a day, it might help...

Robert
      DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
        People with snorkels crack me up... Yea your intake may not suck water in bout the 9 million electrical sensors on motors these days really don't swim too well
        That's why I keep the old Jeep

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
          That really surprises me. I've laid the rig over on mine more times than I can count. Not so much as a dent in the body. I did knock a corner off the cross-hatch "screen" over the inlet, but that's it in nine years...

More like six inches, but yeah, I'd be plenty happy with cowl height. I guess the theory is that on a dusty trail, the higher you go, the cleaner air you get. Makes no difference to us, but I guess out west and overseas expedition-type wheeling, where they might cover hundreds of miles of dirt roads a day, it might help...

Robert
          I never had a problem with the main tube. It was the cross hatch as well as the portion that it attaches too. After a couple of rides and two broken cross hatch pieces I turned it around backwards until I found a stock air box and took everything off. The only bad part after that was covering the Jerry rigged hole the previous owner put In the lower fender with a cutting torch.

Comment

More like six inches
            Robert
            I was using girl measurements up periscope im just yanking your chain trying to increase my post count instead of working on my rig like I should be..... there I said it before someone else had too
            One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Me too......Well at least the part about increasing the post count.

Nick
              Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
              Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

I was using girl measurements up periscope im just yanking your chain trying to increase my post count instead of working on my rig like I should be..... there I said it before someone else had too
                You still are not finished with 2.0?
                One Country, One Flag, One Language...
                LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solar1 View Post
                  I never had a problem with the main tube. It was the cross hatch as well as the portion that it attaches too. After a couple of rides and two broken cross hatch pieces I turned it around backwards until I found a stock air box and took everything off. The only bad part after that was covering the Jerry rigged hole the previous owner put In the lower fender with a cutting torch.
                  Anymore, I just pull the head off when I'm wheeling. Being on the driver side, the head just grabs tree branches and smacks me in the face. Quit laughing.

And yeah, once its installed, youre kinda committed!
                  DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                  Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Anymore, I just pull the head off when I'm wheeling.
                    A great trick I learned from you..Except ,I only pull my head when in tight spots.Hey,it works.No head damage here.

Nick
                    Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
                    Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Anymore, I just pull the head off when I'm wheeling. Quit laughing.
                      I cant quit laughing....I would think that would be the end of wheeling for me.
                      One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Working...
                      X