Moose sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moose sign

This is a a copy and paste of the original post I made under the name red90yj on pirate4x4 / chit chat / with the title more prayers and wishes. You can follow it there if your interested or follow the facebook group Robyn's speedy recovery not sure how to get you to that though. I guess you could friend me. I'm still learning this facebook thing. Read the posts we've had some ups. But I'm still going to need those well wishes.

Eight months ago my wife told me she wanted a motorcycle. I signed her up for a three day training class with a HD dealer. I went with the HD dealer because they really cater to woman drivers, owners of the checkbook. And it was a full class beginning with basics and extended driving practices. After the class she decided she wanted the BMW c650gt scooter. It was expensive and she's worth it and it is incredibly controllable.

We rode as much as we could and logged several hundred miles. Tomorrow is our 20th anniversary. Last Friday we headed out on a small vacation. We were to travel from just north of cincinnati to lexington and then to nashville and return. We stopped every 45 minutes and were truly enjoying ourselves. We made it 15 miles outside of lexington taking all back roads and following speed limits.

She hit a guard rail nearly straight on while traveling 55mph in a 55mph road. I was in front of her and only saw it in the rear view mirror. I think it was target fixation. She lies here in front of me now with a breathing tube in her and several IV's.

One leg broken in three places she now has new titanium bones. She also suffered from a puncture wound and has a shortened colon. Two surgeries and hours of observation she still will not wake up. The nurses try every four hours it gets more intense each time. Barking orders and pushing their hands into her chest. The pain is so evident but as soon as they stop her eyes close again and she continues to sleep.

I have been here next to that bed not sleeping, barely eating, worrying about my children four hours away. I have to believe she will wake. And when she does she is going to need strength from others.

In ten plus years I've been here I've never asked for a thing until now.

We have a sign, it's a moose sign we use it for fun and to demonstrate we have no bounds in embarrassing ourselves. I'm collecting moose signs to run as a screen saver as we have a very long recovery ahead of us. Spread your fingers on both hands and place your thumbs just above your brow.

It looks just like below. I wish I had one of her to share.

Thanks
    Paul Kelemen

Single antler moose are also welcomed as are prayers and good feelings of any kind.
    Last edited by Bear Chow; 10-24-2013, 10:57 PM.

Best of luck on the road to recovery... I'm so sorry to hear this, but I'm honored to add to your collection... even if I am at work...

My love to you and your family Paul.
    Attached Files
    brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
    Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Best wishes to you and your family Paul
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Flxratd; 10-25-2013, 10:52 AM.
      One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Best wishes on the road to recovery. I too am honored to add to your collection. Much love to you and your family, Paul.
        Attached Files
        I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Donkey! I mean MOOSE! Best wishes and come up north to see us some time. Did not know that you left Tedia and oxford.
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

Wow. I really hope things turn for the better for you and yours.
            Attached Files
            my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Best wishes to your family.
              Attached Files

Comment

I want to thank everyone for there support I brought my boys down 17, 14, 11 yr. old. Robyn Rallied and pull it together to share in hugs and stories. I created a bunch of qui cards to begin the dialogs and kept telling the boys talk to her. She and they did great. Please if you have a chance and you feel it in hearts send your moose signs. They are inspiring to her and our family. In fact we had such a good day I got one from her.

This is my wife Robyn, she's got a few dings and her wiring is shot in a few places which are the signs of our fun and exciting life.

Thank you

Paul

Comment

Not much i can say. Really dont know what to say. Other than i reallyhope she progresses quickly. Im sure everyone reading this is feeling for you and your family.if there is anything that u need that u think i may have access to say the word and i will do what i can. im glad she is able to make the moose sighn. Thats a good omen in itself. Rob

Comment

How is she recovering

Comment

The CORE forum sent me a happy birthday, triggering a thought to check up on the offroad local community.

Since my last post a year ago. Robyn has had 9 additional procedures. The last one was mid November. The titanium rod was removed from her femur because the bone was not union-ing. The two ends of the bone were shaved flat and a stainless steel L-bracket was installed pinching them together. She is currently non-weight baring for another two months.

After being on an assorted amount of pain pills she has almost completely come off of the morphine. Just in time to begin physical therapy. Not sure why they planned that schedule but we are just rolling with it for now. Pain clinics now are just legal pill pushers just walking into one of the facilities one can tell there are a lot of people who do not need to be there. (I am by no means suggesting all of them.)

Robyn has one paralyzed vocal cord and the other is covered in scare tissue. This limits here total air in take. So she is often out of breath just talking. Eating is a problem as she has a concern of aspirating some of the food. And She can not lay flat without feeling like she is choking.

My employer has been extremely accommodating allowing me to work whatever schedule suits me some days I'll work 1st shift the next I might work 3rd. As long as I clock in for 40 hours they don't care when I'm here. Bills have piled up and I can't afford to be off work at all. We are slowly trimming them down. However; changing to a single income family has been an eye opener. January is right around the corner and I'll meet my deductible in less than two weeks.

I'm not shirking any of my responsibility but some of these collectors are going to be receiving $10 a month for the next 10 years.

Myself, I'm just exhausted and have not been taking care of myself. Drinking too much trying to forget and smoking cigarettes too much to have an excuse to leave the house. I woke up this morning decided I needed to change that. I'm not quite certain how yet. I've made work my escape and tend to stay 50-60 hours a week just so I don't have to go home.

UGG that was depressing. All-in-all we are doing better. We do know she will have more surgeries on her throat. And some the scares are starting to fade. Emotionally we both just need a vacation.

Thank you for your thoughts, have a Merry Christmas, hug your loved ones. In an instant your life can be turned upside down. Righting it again is a long trying road.

Comment

Good luck with everything Paul.
                        91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X