No announcement yet.

Easy/Light off-roading locations to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy/Light off-roading locations to go?

Can anyone give some advice for a couple good locations for some
    easy/light off-roading for a first timer? I'm in norther part of cinci (Kings Island area).

Most off-road parks will have a good variety of trails, you can wheel just as easy or hard as you choose.

You could tool around on Haspin's fire access roads all day in two wheel drive.

We're headed out there Thursday, you're welcome to join us. We won't be sticking to the fire roads, but you could meet some of the group and watch the foolishness if you like...
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

You might try Rush Offroad near Ashland, KY. With 7000 acres in the park you can stay on easy trails an entire day. You'll also have the advantage of being able to watch rigs try the extreme trails and not leave the comfort of the easy trail. Two caveats though... if you go in the rain some easy trails will have harder spots due to mud and ...if your idea of "offroad" is a gravel road you should disregard all the above and try another park.
      Facta, non Verba. 2001 Wrangler
      2000 Wrangler TJ
      1967 CJ5A
      2004 Tow rig

Comment

thrashing trails, big maples both offer very mild trails. Also if you want to travel a little ways There are abandoned township roads in ohio that are great for just that
        www.offroadohio.com
        www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
        www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
        www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Good post OffroadOhio. I didn't know Big Maples existed. I checked out the Face Book page and it appears promising. Ohio needs lots of places to wheel.
          2000 Wrangler TJ
          1967 CJ5A
          2004 Tow rig

Comment

Also keep an eye out on the Ohio 4x4 Trailriders page (www.ohio4x4.com) as the club hosts novice rides a couple times a year. The first one is usually around April. These would be perfect for what you are looking for. The nice thing is there is an experienced group with you to offer guidance and ensure you make it off the trail.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint View Post
              Good post OffroadOhio. I didn't know Big Maples existed. I checked out the Face Book page and it appears promising. Ohio needs lots of places to wheel.
              Big maples is not much at all. Unless you're close to Oxford, I wouldn't go there. It's ok for screwing around for a couple of hours.

Comment

Kentucky Krawlers does a stocker no locker rides at Slade. Slade firehouse run offers near stock stuff trail rides with trail guides in the spring and fall. If you wait until it is good and dry you could get around any of the offroad parks ok just by using your head

Comment

Big Maples AKA - white cross farms flint.

Not sure how far Mud Maddness ( aka hillz n hollarz) is from cinci, but it isant to far off either
                  www.offroadohio.com
                  www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
                  www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
                  www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Mud madness is about 2 hrs. I have only been just inside the gate though. No idea what the trails are like
                    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Tony, why of all people would you not see the trails? By the way, how ya doing?
                      Romans 7-8

Comment

Join the group for a ride some time and we/they can show easy stuff and have you ride along for some cool/not so easy stuff to give ya an idea whats out there. I wheeled a stock Cherokee with 29 inch A/t's to start with and went more places than I thought I could. Everyone one here was patient and cool with me getting my feet wet, er, muddy..........
                        Romans 7-8

Comment

I'm doing ok gman. The TJ is hangin' in there with me and I just fix what I break. I try to get out to a trail once or twice a month. My wife is not well so it is harder to get away but that just makes wheeling with friends the much more enjoyable.
                          2000 Wrangler TJ
                          1967 CJ5A
                          2004 Tow rig

Comment

Originally posted by cincygman View Post
                            Tony, why of all people would you not see the trails? By the way, how ya doing?
                            I am great. Couldn't be better actually. I was there to pick up a truck. I didn't actually know I was there until he told me.
                            Join core for a ride. Most places are stock friendly and you can get to where the big guys start to play.
                            91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X