Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I LOVE water crossings

This is why you need a snorkle

I think a waverunner would be the choice I would take. That would be fun!
    sigpic

Comment

What good is a snorkel if your wheels up?
      One Country, One Flag, One Language...
      LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

People with snorkels crack me up... Yea your intake may not suck water in bout the 9 million electrical sensors on motors these days really don't swim too well
        S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
          People with snorkels crack me up... Yea your intake may not suck water in bout the 9 million electrical sensors on motors these days really don't swim too well
          But they look cool!

I bet the Jeep that is upside has either "Its a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand!" or " If you can read this, please flip me over!" sticker on the windshield!
          One Country, One Flag, One Language...
          LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
            Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
            But they look cool!
            Yeah, I'll agree that most are probably done for looks, but you could probably say the same about most aftermarket parts.

But at least on the XJ, you've gotta do something, anyway. The stock intake is under the driver's headlight. Dipping into any water crossing will turn the four liter into a wet-vac.

As for sensors, the only one I've found to be water-sensitive is the throttle-position. And it's way up on top, and takes a LOT to get it wet.

Even if it does, it'll just make the rig run rough and/or shift funny until it dries out or you replace the $40 part. That's a whole lot better than hydrolocking it on the spot...

(End lecture...)

Robert
            DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
            Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Oh, and for the pic, apparently it was messicans:

http://www.ajeepear.com/foros/index.php?showtopic=30621
              DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
              Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Well it looks like his snorkel survived so he can put it on the next jeep

Comment

Helll yeah that snorkel worked ...they where able to get out into the really deep and dangerous water using it!

Darwin was so close on that one.
                  Last edited by JeffK5; 08-23-2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Snorkels are cool.Of all the mods done to my rig over the years,I get more comments and questions about the snorkel.

Nick
                    Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
                    Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Sounds like one of the Wranglers I see around town......28" car tires with a bunch of big off-road lights, Hi-lift, snorkel, "It's a Jeep thing" stickers, and of course the $59 Harbor Freight ATV winch on the front bumper......oh, don't forget about the small logging chain wrapped around the front tow hooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Coppertop View Post
                        Snorkels are cool.Of all the mods done to my rig over the years,I get more comments and questions about the snorkel.

Nick

I had an ARB snorkle on one of my previous TJs. It was on it when I bought it. It was the biggest piece of crap. Broke every time you hit a decent tree branch and brought tons of deal and spiders in on the boss. She didn't like that. After 2 months I took it off and sold it.

Comment

a snorkel never really bothered me because I can see the idea of not causing extreme damage to your engine by sucking in a big gulp of water but what I always found funny is they are usually about 1-2 feet above your nose so maybe im just not seeing it but once the water passes my nose im pretty sure im going to quit caring about my rig
                          One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by solar1 View Post
                            I had an ARB snorkle on one of my previous TJs. It was on it when I bought it. It was the biggest piece of crap. Broke every time you hit a decent tree branch and brought tons of deal and spiders in on the boss. She didn't like that. After 2 months I took it off and sold it.
                            Guess I've been lucky...Mine has took several hits,even laid it over in a creek.Still in pretty good shape except for a few marks and scrapes.

Nick
                            Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
                            Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Um I don't like mud or water ... If its deep enough to cover my 43" tire then I'm goin the F around! If it that's high I'll most likely have swamp ass from water comin in and I don't wanna sit in that for another. 8-12 hrs... So for me snorkel is useless jeep thing
                              S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Working...
                              X