No more Pink Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Pink Rock

It is officially gone ! this picture was taken this afternoon 12/27/09 . :( :(

for a comparo !!!

Last edited by sarge; 12-27-2009, 11:03 PM.

Wow.. what direction is that pic taken from?..

I've been on or around that bump a million times and can't figure out what I'm looking at in that pic.

I find it ironic that a place that was shut down to be "reforested" looks like it's been cleared of most of the trees and has more exposed and unsecured soil than ever.

Any more pics?

Comment

No more pics , buddy sent it to me today along with a bunch through out the morning of various spots around 909 . He said he was on the main trail . Picture was taken if you had just came up from the 49'er if you go to the right , over the log, you would be in front of the climbing spot or on your way to ghost hill ..... go to the left of the log and continue on main trail past it .

They have been hauling in dirt from the highway projects along 75 and filling in all the climbs and planting grass for several years now.

Comment

That sucks, so I guess the school bus has been hauled off too????

Comment

nope it is still there ! got a picture of that from today also but don't have time to download off my phone . From most of the pics I got today and from being there several times this year I can tell you that once you get back past the shoots it is just like it always was.

Comment

Originally posted by GPER View Post
            That sucks, so I guess the school bus has been hauled off too????
            Does anyone know how long that bus has been there? I probably saw it the first time in 91 or 92... I have heard from a couple of acquaintances that remember it being there in the early 80's...
            sigpic
            chris hodges
            96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
            71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

" TREAD LIGHTLY " Walmart coming soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I wanna know how the hell the bus got there in the first place :confused:
                2013 RZR S

Comment

probably delivered miners or loggers to a location or a church outing gone horribly wrong.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
                    No more pics , buddy sent it to me today along with a bunch through out the morning of various spots around 909 . He said he was on the main trail . Picture was taken if you had just came up from the 49'er if you go to the right , over the log, you would be in front of the climbing spot or on your way to ghost hill ..... go to the left of the log and continue on main trail past it .

They have been hauling in dirt from the highway projects along 75 and filling in all the climbs and planting grass for several years now.
                    I was planning on wheeling there in january and still may go to see what is still there. May go in another entrance. I would think that the road needs to be open for visitors to the cemetary.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod View Post
                      I wanna know how the hell the bus got there in the first place :confused:
                      there was once a boy,s camp down at the lake.

Comment

That bus if my memory serves me was from Batavia or maybe Bethel...was somewhere close.
                        For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

This saddens me...

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                            This saddens me...
                            Me too... Had a lot of good times there...
                            sigpic
                            chris hodges
                            96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                            71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                              This saddens me...
                              X2:(

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

Working...
                              X