reverse manual valve body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reverse manual valve body

Why do you need a special shifter ? Doesn't make sense to me, if a normal valve body shifts like P,R,N,3,2,1 and a reverse shifts P,N,R,1,2,3 how does a shifter know its in first after neutral instead of third?

Depends on what you mean by "special shifter". Yes, any automatic shifter would work but trying to use a stock column shifter is kinda' awkward and some factory versions don't even have all the manual detents. I would say "special shifter" probably just means an aftermarket floor shifter or equivalent.

Comment

I meant aftermarket floor shifters, sorry. Seems like everytime I mention a r.m.v.b somebody starts yell about how a normal 1/4 stick won't work...

Comment

Reverse is mainly so that slamming gears down a drag strip you don't go 1-2-little too far OH **** THAT'S REVERSE!!

Here's a good Billavista article about his "ultimate offroad shifter"

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/shifter/

Comment

You don't have to have any special shifter. The shifter just moves a morse cable in and out. The only thing that's different is the notifiers on the gates that let you know what gear you are in, etc. You can relabel a standard shift gate and it will work just fine.

Now, if you want the ability to slam from first to reverse and vice versa, you need a rock gate. They are modified so that you have no gate between R-N-1. But, that also can be modified and done on a normal art carr shifter, etc. Maybe this image from Wide Open will help you understand....

Comment

The first to reverse panic slam is why I want a reverse valve body and I'm going to modify the gates in the shifter I get like a rock gate so theres nothing stopping me.

Comment

i used a 1/4 stick and modified shifting gates myself to slam to reverse and not hit park
              SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Working...
              X