Viking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viking

Havent been on here in a bit...... (years).

Grabbed me a yamaha viking last week. Been eyeballing them for a bit, and i know its not the sportiest sxs out there, but it should come in handy on the farm. And maybe i can bring up the rear on some trail rides.

Got some mods planned for it. Nothing insane but practical.

Anyways, im happy to be back in the game again. Nice to be on the trails again.
    Attached Files
    my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Welcome back. Glad to see you getting back on the trails. Come out with us to the hangover run at Haspin. Always a good time.

Comment

Hi Rob, I been MIA for awhile also..... (years)
      Romans 7-8

Comment

Yes sir gary. Been a lot going on in my personal life too.

Update... this thing is handy. Getting house ready to sell and this thing pulls its weight. Added a winch, snowplow, bluetooth speakers ( why do a stereo when all my music is on phone) and led lights. Thats all i felt it needed.

This isent a rzr. But its also not a mule or a gator. Its perfect for what i need. Fun to go fast on the trails, but walk through cab and hose down interior. Oh, and it will jump, but it wont like it;) hope everyone on here is doing well and i hope to do some riding this spring.
        Attached Files

Comment

Time to get new tires... any suggestions on what kind?

Def want to go bigger. The 25s are toooo small... want 27-30 max.

Would love to find some yxz takeoffs for the right $ since my wheels are only 12's.

Oh and jbs sleeve and slugs are coming soon.

Comment

Ton of different tires out there that are good. What type of riding do you do?

In general I put tires in 3 categories.

1. Hard pack terrain, road riding, rocks, dry trails - tires like the Kanati Mongrel, Tusk Terrabite, Tensor Regulator - these all basically look like a truck mud terrain radial.

2. More difficult trails, some mud and wet trails - Blackwater Evo, Roctanes, Maxxis Carnivores, etc...

3. More mud and slick trails - all type of full on mud tires out there....usually don't recommend those unless you are mainly just interested in playing mud holes.

I run the SuperATV Intimidators which hover between 2 and 3 above. They are a little more aggressive than what I was looking for but bought them used along with a set of beadlocks pretty cheap. Pretty happy with them and they work great when it's greasy out (like Haspin last weekend) but still ride smooth. They are not very good if you want to do work around the yard because they are tougth on the grass. No way I would buy them new because of the crazy high price.

A friend ran a Viking for years and had 28x11-14 Swamplites on it with a stock suspension. The larger tires really helped it off-road and would just barely rub in some conditions. It also did okay with the stock clutching though later on he did upgrade to a JBS clutch and it made a pretty big difference.

Comment

sense treps on buggy do well, thinking bout running sum maxxis roxxzilla on my x3
              SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Working...
              X