Windrock SxS Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windrock SxS Trip

Just got back from three days of riding at Windrock. First time down there and the place is awesome. We "only" ran about 130 miles, mainly because we started late two mornings because of repairs.

Small group of 5 SxS's:
    2014 Teryx, 30" Blackwaters
    2015 Teryx, 28" Intimidators (mine)
    2016 Teryx, 28" Carnivores
    older RZR 800S, 29" Bighorns
    2017 RZR 1000XP, 30" Motohammers

These guys are out of rural Indiana and ride a lot, as in several of the machines have around 4,000 miles on them and even the fairly new '17 RZR has over 1,000 miles on it.

I know many people on this board have been down there but this was my first time and was very impressed with everything.

Repairs consisted of the '14 Teryx busting a front CV (OEM front axle with 4,000 miles on it) the night before I got there which was fixed the next morning. The next day the RZR 800S broke a front spindle/hub (stripped out the splines on the hub. Fortunately we found a local shop with the parts in stock and got it repaired the next morning.......though it was an interesting ride for him coming down the mountain with the front tire wobbling all over the place which also caused crappy braking.

Windrock is great wheeling, and the campground is top notch. I've been wanting to get the rzr there. It would be a blast. Tennessee is a bit pricey to wheel in. Royal Blue is huge, but expensive. Windrock a little less. Not sure about Brimstone. I'd like to hit em all.

Comment

For what you get I didn't think the prices were too bad. It was a little over $50 for a 3 day pass as compared to DTOR which is $35 for the same time, but the difference is you can ride the entire DTOR park in about 3 hours where as we rode for 3 days at Windrock and never even came close to seeing the whole place.

Comment

Need to hit tackett creek too , if you do rrbits east of rrb, but also ran by tge ten wma. Not as developed but tougher riding than rrb..

Brimestone cost more than all the others from what i saw.

I need to get my **** togather. I have 400 miles on my year old sxs. Veet rough 400 but still disappointing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
        www.offroadohio.com
        www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
        www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
        www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Browsing through the Brimstone website and all the prices (trail permits, camping, RV spots, etc...) all look to be about the same as Windrock. The group I was with has ridden Brimstone twice and really like it, and the only reason they went to Windrock this time was to check it out....and they really liked it also. This group is not super hardcore in regards to amount of time they ride per day or the trail difficulty, but they do ride for 8+ hours per day and try to stay on at least intermediate trails with a few harder trails thrown in. We didn't run as many difficult trails at Windrock last weekend because everything was wet.

Comment

I think its the size of brimestone as compared to the others where the prices come most into play.

Id like to spend a week down there and hit them all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
            www.offroadohio.com
            www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
            www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
            www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Between Ride Royal Blue, Brimstone, and Windrock they advertise around 300,000 acres and 1,200 miles of trails all in the same area....and I'm sure there are tons of unofficial trails running around also.

Forgot to mention another repair on the RZR 1000XP.....winches don't work very well when you try to power them though a 14 gauge wire and 30 amp fuse. The guy had just installed his winch and tried it for the first time when trying to climb a rocky and rutted hill after it rained. It would spool in and out under no load okay but as soon as it loaded it up it popped a 30 amp fuse. I figured it was something in the remote that was grounding out, so we winched him with another vehicle a few times that day. Back at camp he started going through the wiring trying to figure it out. When I walked up and looked at the relay I saw he ran dinky 14 gauge wires for power and ground from the normal fuse block to the relay. and then the typical 4 gauge or so battery cable from the relay to the winch. Fortunately we scrounged up enough battery cable to wire it up correctly straight to the battery.

Comment

Working...
              X