Pitman Arm Modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitman Arm Modification

Looks like I have a clearancing issue when I compress driverside front wheel, my pitman arm is coming in contact with my tie rod bar, never dreamed the axle would move that much, looks like if I bend the pitman arm up maybe around 5/8 - 3/4 of a inch I will be fine, I have heated and bent alot of different things in my time, I'm hoping it's ok to heat and bend this, anybody out there see anything wrong with this ?
    No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Other than what you already know, heating it makes it weaker. I've done it before, but I didn't run it long before I went to full hydro. It was a beefy piece too.

Comment

I've always heard ...cast=no... forged =yes.

Comment

Problem I'm having is the flat 1 won't work, it will hit the frame unless i bend it, hey do have 1 that is in between but I'm worried it may hit the steering also, it's $110.00 for the 1 in between, it's $85 for the flat 1, not sure if the in between 1 wikl work or not.

Comment

Gonna put it on the ramp again and see what I can do

Comment

Just played on the ramp and I'm gonna take a gamble and get the 1 in the middle, if I have to I may have to slightly bend it but praying I won't have too, the top 1 won't clear the frame with the FJ80 threads with castle nut, it looks like it would be fun to heat and bend also.
            Attached Files

Comment

It will very close, I'm hoping it will work, moving steering box isn't a option, I would have to chop the frame off and redo, it's so beefed up its unreal, it also has sleeves running through the frame, I originally bent the frame and steering box gussets that were 1/4. Thick so I had to go overkill on it.

Comment

I have bent one, and fabricated one using the factory splines. Both never gave me any problems.

Comment

Working...
                X