No announcement yet.

95 S-10 Truggy Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been doing what I can till I rip the other one apart. Hit u pull for some parts. Replaced the ignition switch, and no more starter issues. Found a non a/c blower box to get rid of the huge a/c one. What a difference. Thanks Mark!! Had to replace most of the interior. Pulled the suspension seats out of rig to get them fitted in this one. I really like the space in the cab. I was expecting to feel cramped compared to the full size, but I wasn't at all. It is nice to be able to recline my seat without hitting the back window. Still looking for an auto console so the shifter will be between the seats. The stock 1500 4x4 shifter should work out in the s10 cab.
    I decided to tear the rig apart after the Windrock trip in September. Hoping to have it done by the Harlan southern shine in May. That's about 9 months...

Comment

The cab comes off tonight. I will work on wiring and other interior stuff until its time to chop up the rig.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160518_21_01_56_Pro[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	72016

Comment

The rest of the truck is gone. Now I can easily roll the cab around in the garage. Time to sort though some wiring and get rid of wires I dont need.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looking good
          No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

Gone, or just out of the garage?

Cut that frame in two, bolt a coupler to the back half, and sell your new "trailer" for half what you paid for the truck!

DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
            Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
              Gone, or just out of the garage?

Cut that frame in two, bolt a coupler to the back half, and sell your new "trailer" for half what you paid for the truck!

Gone. Hit the scrap yard this morning. I got half of what I paid for the truck. $200

Comment

Where did you take it that gave $200? Most places I have heard only offer $50-100 right now for scrap vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Ky Mudhunter View Post
                  Where did you take it that gave $200? Most places I have heard only offer $50-100 right now for scrap vehicles.

Garden st on new haven rd. 110 a ton for unclean at 3120lbs. It was like $172 and I had a few radiators and some brass to go along with it. Together it was $196.

Comment

Almost time to start chopping. After Harlan, it's on...

Comment

Cool...what suspension?
                      sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Linked all around with ori struts.

Comment

Got a 3 &4 link kit with 1.25 hiems from RuffStuff. Saved $300 on a black Friday deal. Merry Christmas to me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161208_184409[1].jpg
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	72197

Comment

After a looong pause... it's time to get busy.
                            Started getting rid of the extra wiring and finding what i need to hook back up. Most of the wiring will come over with the engine. Once i get the wiring sorted out, I'll start building a frame. Then the old rig gets stripped.Click image for larger version

Name:	20171210_132829.jpg
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	72439

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                              After a looong pause... it's time to get busy.
                              Started getting rid of the extra wiring and finding what i need to hook back up. Most of the wiring will come over with the engine. Once i get the wiring sorted out, I'll start building a frame. Then the old rig gets stripped.[ATTACH]9658[/ATTACH]

Glad to see the pause is over. Are you going to use the factory gauge cluster?

Going back with a 241, or change it out for something gear driven?
                              1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

Originally posted by bbtank45 View Post
                                Glad to see the pause is over. Are you going to use the factory gauge cluster?

Going back with a 241, or change it out for something gear driven?
                                Yes I will use the factory gauge cluster. It should wire up just like my old one.
                                After breaking four 241 cases, I'll be putting in an atlas this time

Comment

Working...
                                X