RaceRunner 2.0 shock rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaceRunner 2.0 shock rebuild

Started the rebuild process on my RaceRunner shocks. Remind you these came off my dads (jeepmanJeff) jeep because he upgraded to ORI struts. These shocks have never been rebuilt or torn down since he bought these back in like 2000. So currently ordering in 4 new shafts since the shafts are pretty bad with a lot of dings in them. Also ordered in 4 new seal kits, 4 new eyelets and Baja blood Hydraulic Fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eyelet bearings, seals, and new rods for all 4 of my RaceRunners are in! Now just have to de-charge the RaceRunners and tear them down. These things are gonna be brand new basically after the rebuild. (Missing two eyelet bearings, but getting those shipped to our house soon since they forgot to package them in)

Comment

Ended up rebuilding one of the shocks today. Went very smoothly and very easy. Took me only 1 hour but that was me just taking my time on making sure I laid all the valve shims/stacks in order. Only ended up using 5 seals out of the whole kit for one of the shocks. Now just have to get more information from KarTech on how much fluid should be in the body of the shock and how to properly bleed it.

Comment

Working...
      X