Toyota Front 3 link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Front 3 link

So the time has come to link the front of my Rig, I have had alot of broken springs over alot of years and with the terrain that I tackle my body had been taken a beating along with my Rig
    Attached Files
    No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Did alot of research for months on everything, didn't want to have regrets on anything that I did from start to finish on parts and design. Alot of thought went into everything considering the terrain and style wheeling that most of us do.
    Attached Files

Comment

There are alot of different places to shop for weld on tabs, Heims, and brackets of all sorts, I had to figure out if I was gonna custom make most of my link mounts or go with some good quality mounts that I can customize to make work for my needs, this turned out to be the best decision.

I did have to customize some of the brackets to work for my project, but let's face it, alot of rigs are PMC..Pretty much custom. I could not beat the price of the Heims for this price for as much as I shopped around. It made pretty quick, nice work out of most of this setup
      Attached Files

Comment

These lower link mounts worked out pretty good with only 1 of them needed modification
        Attached Files

Comment

Mocking up with PVC is alot of fun and alot of duct tape, Make sure you buy ALOT.
          Attached Files

Comment

After alot of investigation and horror stories I would advise beefing up the Frame where the panhard mount will be located, You cannot overdue this !! This is a major common fail on a front 3 link, I used 1/4 plate over the frame on the side and in the bottom and plug welded, make sure you spread it way beyond the stress point.
            Attached Files

Comment

Measure so many times that you will be sick of measurements when you are tacking things in place, I found a few mistakes and had to remove and remeasure again.

Don't get in a hurry in this or you will regret it, there are alot of angles and things that will be very close while flexing and turning when you still have steering and you haven't changed over to full Hydraulic.
              Attached Files

Comment

Not sure if it's the angle of the picture or not but you may want to consider the panhard mount on the axle and shock interference? May just be the angle though not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for answering for me Mark, yes things are close but ok, will hopefully have truck on RTI ramp tomorrow to max out suspension to look things over, Mark, Kevin, and I played with it last weekend on the lift and it appears everything will be ok but prefer to twist everything up as much as possible. With suspension fully compressed steering is bout 1/8 of a inch away from the oil pan and my top link bar is bout 1/2 away from clutch slave cylinder. Will post up more pics and info as I can.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Different angle pic
                    Attached Files

Comment

16 inch ORI's was decided as my choice after alot and i mean alot of research on what to run for my wheeling style and terrain that we tackle, they are very easy to dial in, require no bumps tops, limit straps, don't unload so you don't need a suck down winch and are very predictable and by a turn of a screw with a smile you can set it how you like it. So far I haven't adjusted anything and it rides better than any vehicle that I own.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Kevin and Mark really helped me out big time on this project, without them I would NOT be ready for Harlan at the end of May, we worked on this rig all day long on Sunday, Mark and Kevin took it upon themselves to finish up on Monday mostly without me. Man its hard to find good hard working wheeling buddy's these days, I can't thank them enough
                        Attached Files

Comment

More pics to come
                          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome Job done by Kevin and Mark on Monday making the crossbar under the hood, Mark spent alot of time welding on my rig for me.
                            Attached Files

Comment

The shock hoops were a tight fit. The driver side the master cylinder was in the way, and passenger side the propane and carb was in the way. It all fit, barely... I'm glad I will have more room on my rig. I'm so ready to get started on mine.

Where's that pic of full droop?

Comment

Working...
                              X