Ranger midsize 570

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger midsize 570

My dad has a 2015 Polaris Ranger midsize 570. Not a bad little machine and fairly peppy. This thing is used for utility and work about 99% of the time as he works part-time in his retirement for the local township mowing grass and running the snowplow. He lives out in the country so this gets used as the main means of transportation when working.

Polaris DOT glass windshield
    Polaris hard coated poly rear window
    Polaris 3500 winch (believe it's a Superwinch rebadged)
    72" snowplow
    custom side racks with tool holders
    custom 12V sprayer tank with spray bar and hand sprayer

The stock wimpy 25" tires didn't last long running on the road. Recently upgraded to 27x9R12 and 27x11R12 Blackwater Evolution tires on factory RZR aluminum rims that were bought from Kevin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	img_3386.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	77333

Tires look really beefy compared to stock. Required a 1" wheel spacer on the front to clear the tierod but otherwise just fit.
    Last edited by 93 Krawler; 07-07-2017, 11:43 AM.

Picture of the front. You can see the winch and the quick mount for the plow. It takes about 1 minute to hook up the plow....you would want to take the mount off for any real trail riding.

Name:	img_3387.jpg
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	72312

Pics from the rear.

Name:	img_3389.jpg
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	72313

I've driven it for a couple of hours at a time running around the local farm fields with some minor wheelin' and it is surprisingly comfortable. It will easily run 35-45 mph on the road. The township my dad works for did buy a John Deere Gator 625i after seeing how useful they are, but he doesn't like it that much because it will only run 20-25 mph.

Downsides: It's been in the shop several times for recalls and a no-start condition, even though it's not used hard at all. A new starter and larger battery has seemed to correct the starting issue, and the bigger battery allows you to use the snowplow (winch raises and lowers it) without killing the engine. The other downside is the transmission is pretty jerky at low speeds, such as backing up to a trailer or doing other tight maneuvers.
    Last edited by 93 Krawler; 07-07-2017, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X