95 S-10 Truggy Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
    Yes I will use the factory gauge cluster. It should wire up just like my old one.
    After breaking four 241 cases, I'll be putting in an atlas this time

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Good call on the Atlas!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

getting a deal on one some where?
      sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Originally posted by jeepmanjeff View Post
        getting a deal on one some where?
        I wish. The chances of me finding a drivers drop case that is used will be slim. I have plenty of time to find one though.

Comment

Made some progress on wire chopping. Located the wires for: Temp and oil gauge, alt, starter, fuel pump and sender, tail and brake lights, headlights. Fan motor and wipers are still active, as well as the horn and washer pump. Not much left on the firewall. Old pcm and wiring is gone. Hooked up the battery and everything worked that should.

I'm hoping to be able to mount the pcm inside this time since the heater box is external on the s10. The ac/heater box on the 1500 was huge and inside the cab. Swapping the setup from the old rig should be pretty simple since I labeled everything inside the cab from the first swap. The LS engine harness is separate from the truck.

Removed some non essential items from the pig. Took the seats, radio, CB, speakers, misc wiring. Just need to be able to pull it in the garage when the time comes.

Left overs
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20171217_182824.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	72440

Passenger side almost done. Need to drill a hole and send that main loom under the blower motor instead of around by the door. It unplugs just inside the cab.

Name:	20171217_182841.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	72441

Still have to pull the pass thru connector out and remove the mass of wires that gotta go. And no, the wire nut isn't staying... it's just for testing purposes.

Name:	20171217_182851.jpg
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	72442

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
            Yes I will use the factory gauge cluster. It should wire up just like my old one.
            After breaking four 241 cases, I'll be putting in an atlas this time

Glad to hear it Kevin! SCS did recently come back with a 2 speed case...with quick change gears. I havent priced them tho.
            1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

man do I love wiring!
              sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Got all the tubing I need to complete it now. Time to get busy.

Name:	20180406_153910.jpg
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	72498

Painted the firewall and door frames the final color. Now I won't have to paint around an engine. The color I picked out is GM ultra silver metallic.

Name:	20180409_193550.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	72496

Been working mostly on wiring and the interior. I still have to mount a harness bar behind the seats, and paint the floor black. This truck had a column shift, so I hit Upull and found a nice console shift setup. I really like the feel so far.
                If this extended winter would go away, I could get busy on the tube.

Name:	20180409_193602.jpg
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	72497
                Last edited by 93 Krawler; 04-16-2018, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Lookin good! When do you think it will be completed? Find a t-case?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                    Lookin good! When do you think it will be completed? Find a t-case?
                    No tcase yet. Maybe by fall. We'll see... I'm in the rzr rest of this season.

Comment

looks great!
                      sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

I built a small platform using 1/8" HDPE for my tools and such to sit on.

Name:	20180414_101159.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	72500

My stereo equipment fits perfectly where the jump seats were.

Name:	20180414_101207.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	72501

Name:	20180414_101222.jpg
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	72502

These interlocking boxes and tool box worked out great.

Name:	20180414_101319.jpg
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	72503

Welded 1/8 plates under the seat brackets to make sure they stay put. Coated the floor with a heavy coat of oil base paint.

Name:	20180414_101233.jpg
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	72504

While I wait for the paint to dry completely, I started the frame. This is where the cab will be when it's completely done. It will have a 23" belly height, and it will be 3" shorter that my old rig. A full 12" less wide than the old one too.

Name:	20180414_122813.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	72505

Got the frame tacked together. I chose to use a 2x8 box to mimic the frame on the old rig. This will make sure the belly is flat just like it was. The old rig frame was 44" wide. I wanted to keep it close to that just to keep the exhaust and everything else tucked in between. I couldn't do 44" since the cab holes were 44.5", so I moved them in just enough to fit a bolt beside the frame. It ended up being 42" wide this time.

Name:	20180415_161729.jpg
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	72506

Got the frame bolted on now. I'll be bending tube soon.
                        The front and rear will be all tube. I will cap the frame ends, then drill and weld tube through the ends. The front will be narrow since the radiator will be behind the cab. It's just about time to pull the heavy Chevy apart so I can lay out the drive train.

Name:	20180416_191909.jpg
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	72507
                        Last edited by 93 Krawler; 04-16-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

So damn cool...
                          DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                          Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Those toolboxes are awesome. DoWorkXJ (Justin) has a set, I had them at my house for a few days and they looked very nice.

Interested to see how you are going to lock the boxes into place. are you planning on using the built in "interlocking" function of the boxes to hold them in without racket straps or bungee cords?

Comment

Originally posted by beer_goggles_009 View Post
                              Those toolboxes are awesome. DoWorkXJ (Justin) has a set, I had them at my house for a few days and they looked very nice.

Interested to see how you are going to lock the boxes into place. are you planning on using the built in "interlocking" function of the boxes to hold them in without racket straps or bungee cords?
                              I will bolt the 1st crate to the floor, and also use a ratchet strap to hold the top boxes in place. I haven't decided how to hold the toolbox down yet. I will definitely make sure they are secure in case of a rollover.

Comment

looking great and a lot of progress for sure. I went out a week later and bought 2 of the top boxes. All my tools fit in these with exception of my deep wells. They are really heavy per box...like I believe 75 to 100 lbs each. The interlocks are great and I am securing with straps and tie down points.

Building a new rig is time consuming, but very rewarding as well. If you need some help tearing apart or bending tube let me know. If I have the time I will help. Got a lot going on here as well with my rebuild and Zach's new goodies. We will be ready for rush though.
                                sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Working...
                                X