Tire Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Suggestions

Well my build of the YJ is coming along, but slowly. Looking for tire suggestions. I am running D60 rear, HP44 front, 1"body, .75 shackle, SOA with stock springs and a couple extra leafs, also will be running some TJ Flares for extra tire room.

Terrain will be everything from mudto rock to pavement. Harlan, Badlands, Windrock, Local etc. I would say 80% offroad, 20% on road.

Do you think I will have room for 38s? Anyone have tire suggestions? I am leaning toward TSLs. Haven't shopped around much, but I can get (4) 38x12.50x16.5 for $860 shipped to the door with free air compressor from 4wheelparts.com.

What do you all think?
    Last edited by JeepHD; 12-06-2007, 09:47 AM.
    1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

Love bias ply tsl's for trail use only. Irocs are a + too. 37's may be just right for ya though.
    sigpic

Comment

IROKS come in 37s, TSLs come in 36s or 38. I will probably go with the TSL, but would love to hear other opinions.
      1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

I absolutely love my 37" Iroks. Been to Harlan, Livingston, and the Badlands on them and they have really impressed me.
        '94 YJ

Comment

I have 36 Irocks and so far I like them. The 37s have more tread so they should work even better.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Think I will have any problems running 38s? They would be about $65 cheaper than the Iroks for a bigger tire. I know I will have to limit uptravel some by extending the bumpstops, but will I have any problems getting them in the wheel wells with TJ Flares?
            1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

just so you know most of the TLS I have seen come up short by a lot. Most of the 38's seem to be just a little over 36 on a rim.

Now the Irocks I have seen, come real close to the height. My 36's are just 1/4 in. shy of being 36in tall on my jeep. Guy in my club has a set of 39's and they are about 38 1/2 on his jeep. Both tires are at wheeling psi(somewhere around 10) and on jeeps

When I get the 1 tons in my CJ I am going to 42 Irocks :)

If you are going to do a fair amount of on road driveing then I would go with the TSL or TSL SX they are going to last a lot longer then the Irocks on the road

Comment

Borrowing a set of 37 Iroks from a friend this weekend to try and get an idea of what will work best.
                1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

Working...
                X