Buggy Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buggy Pics

my new buggy project. all .120 wall dom tubing, dana 60 front,4.56 gears, spicer joints, 35 spline outers, drive flanges, full hydro steering, 4 link front, 4.3 vortec, turbo 350 with reverse full manual valve body, doubler cases, 231 to dana 300 using duffy from pirates doubler plate, shaved 14 bolt rear, rear 4 link, 42 in tsl. shooting for 23 in belly, 117 in wheelbase
    Attached Files
    Last edited by buckeyezuk; 03-15-2010, 09:49 PM.
    ZUKI linked f/r 16v air shocks cut 39.5" tsl. exod. full hydro F/R. rear steer.

looks good, cant wait to see it at 505

Comment

Badd azz project.

What are all your trophies in the background from? Looks like you've done something good.
      1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB
      3/4 axles, 39.5 IROKS, HYDRO assist

Comment

Buggy

Thanks for the compliment. the trophys are from the ol dirt trackin days.. i ran dirt modifieds, mini stocks, and go carts for the last ten years and got lucky a few times..ran modifieds locally at florence speedway and moler raceway..

Comment

Sweet build... did you have to take anything off the OD of the 10.5" ring gear for the 14 bolt shave? That 14 bolt cover looks like the stock one modified... those things are paper thin... I shaved my 14 bolt too... (took my ring gear to 10.125" OD) but I bought the build-your-own 14 bolt cover from DIY4x.com ...it was 3/8" plate... best $36 I ever spent...

http://diy4x.com/cart/index.php?rout...&product_id=72

Upgrades for the 300?
          Two piece front driveshaft?
          Relocate the passenger side HEGO? (looks like it's gonna be in the way?)
          Front lower link length (approximately)?
          brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
          Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

AH HA, still got a couple dirt chassis myself. Was on the verge of turning my sportsman into a crawler at one time, not too many tracks are running my class anymore. But, found my truck and erased the thought.
            1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB
            3/4 axles, 39.5 IROKS, HYDRO assist

Comment

I like the lines of that chassis at the b pillar. Cool.
              91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

diff cover

thanks for the heads up on the diff cover. i am going to look into the aftermarket covers. the stock ones are pretty thin. that has been in the back of my mind...

thanks casey..shootin to be done for the firemans ride...

Comment

Looks good, I like it ! Did Erin take the pics and post em for ya ? So when is Steve going to post his Yota ? I know the ole man has plenty of time to do it.
                  88 Yota, cut 38" tsl, exod, linked, rear air shocks, longfield super axles, s.a.s. duel case.

Comment

lookin good, what front shafts did you get? i ended up getting 10 factories from branik, they were $140 each, a little more than other places, but stan is great to deal with, and local to me.

how do you like the doubler? how long is the whole thing? i'm seriously thinking of going that route for my next mod. i'm just starting collecting parts, just picked up the 231, now going to save up for the adapter and find a 300. does it look there is room on the plate to modify for a flip without buying the $$flip kit?

greg
                    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Buggy

thanks..the outters are factory dana 35 spline. i got them from a guy in dayton, 90 a piece, the doubler is clockable in 5 degree incruments and you can rotate the 300 all the way around if need be. that combo puts you at around 10:1 in low low. i think i am going to like it..i will not fit thru the lions den like i used to though...make it more fun i guess?

Comment

Wheelbase helps in some spots, hurts in others. Mines 125. The one we are building for Boomie is also 117.
                        91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

lookin good stevie!!! makin mine look like a tonka toy!!! lmao
                          S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

any more progress? i'm almost ready to go.
                            zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

a little progress

got the rear end linked, disk brakes, trussed, battery mounted, console framed, and all shocks mounted...mckeedie i was checking yours out..looking good..hopefully it wont be long. we are shooting for memorial day at harlan..
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X