• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Smith Motorsports buggy build

Got my chassis last weekend, waitn on parts. here few pics
    engine sbc 383 stroker roller motor with scat rotating assembly on propane
    tranny is th350 with tci 3800 stall,rev manual valve body
    adam woodlee figure 8 clocking ring on 205 case with modifyd rails twinstickd
    60 and 14bolt axles
    fotyfo boggers
    Attached Files
    Last edited by twiztedzuki; 10-17-2010, 05:36 PM.
    SMITH BUILT PERIOD

That's cool. It's a spiderweb of tube. Nice chassis. Big jump up from the sami.
    91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

got me sumthing to bounce over rocks like you!
      SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

suweeeet! keep them pics postin!
        my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Here is video of Jimmy's personal buggy. quite a few videos on his work on youtube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfimAMs5r1s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzsp8n0epSI
          Last edited by twiztedzuki; 10-18-2010, 11:27 AM.
          SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

you can always tell which rigs are his build, thats for sure. down in dayton, wes kean showed up with one on 44 tsl's at the werock. sure looked like a fish out of water compared to all the other comp rigs. but he ended up spanking them all, took 1st.
            my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Yeah wes's single seater looks good. watched sum vids from Dayton, wes making it up sum bonus lines. I would have liked to see his buggy on 44s compared to other comp rigs! Probly had twice the wheelbase to compared to others!
              SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Looks fast and intimidating just sitting there! pics almost 5 years old?
                sigpic

Comment

thanks, no didnt reset dates on camera. Picked up in Chattanooga, Tn last weekend
                  SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

when you think the rig's completion date will be? Hopefully not 3 years like some on this site! I forget about em after a few months or so! Get er done!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

jimmys chassis are definitely unique, i love the way the 2 seaters look, i've never been a fan of his single seater though. can't wait to see how this turns out for you. i've always wondered what the visibility was like out of the front of these?
                      zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

hope have it done in spring. I got propane mixer and tank mounts today, but waiting on tabs from A&A manufacturing to mount stuff. Jimmys buggys have pretty much same lines from single to 4 seater, he does topnotch work. He had 4 seater on 49's with a 43sumthing roller motor in it on rockwells when i picked up my chassis, not big on 49 iroks but it was badass!!
                        SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
                          ..... Jimmys buggys have pretty much same lines from single to 4 seater, he does topnotch work. ....!
                          that's exactly why i've never been a fan of his 2 seaters, they just look funny to me, because they look like a 2 seater cut down the center, they are just too narrow imo. i've always loved his 2 seaters. pinky is really his only single seater i've liked. his rear engined personal buggy is my favorite of all of them i've seen.
                          zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

That's going to be a nice looking rig. It's beautiful weather down here for camping, so you better come down while it is nice and before you get too tied up in the build.
                            1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB
                            3/4 axles, 39.5 IROKS, HYDRO assist

Comment

talked to Steve the other day bout wheelin, think halloween weekend be down. u get tcase in truck? I got alot of work to do but parts keep coming so hopefully b4 summer hav buggy done
                              SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Working...
                              X